The author of the article: Victoria Pchelinova
Interior or indoor advertising helps to deliver information to the end consumer outside of the point of sale. It means a test, graphic or any visual object that is located in public places, attracts the attention of the target audience and allows you to increase sales of goods or services.
Marketers consider internal advertising promising and fairly inexpensive way to promote services and goods.
Being in public premises, it selectively affects people of a certain age subgroup, with different material wealth and social status.
Advertisers categorize it according to the following types:
On navigation – indoor advertising allows visitors to freely navigate in retail space, reducing the amount of time spent searching for the desired product.
It is placed in places of good viewing: in the aisle, on a shelf with products, under the ceiling. Elements of such advertising are noticeable from a long distance, easy to read, performed in a general style with the interior of the room, and have no complex associations.
On the informational – with its help the target audience gets acquainted with the data about the company, services or product line. It includes a variety of stands used at exhibitions.
On the brand – the key goals of such interior advertising include increasing the level of recognition of the company. It is created based on the corporate identity.
Advertising structures can be executed in the form:
- interior signage or pillars;
- trading racks, growth figures;
- signs, drawings on the floor;
- volumetric inscriptions, light boxes;
- racks, individual letters, fixed on special holders.
POS materials made in the form of:
- pens, cups, decorative magnets;
- glasses, plastic folders, calendars;
- postcards, notebooks, rulers, bookmarks and other souvenirs.
How does it work
High performance features:
- The possibility of purchasing commodity items at the same moment – properly organized interior advertising pushes the target audience to make purchases at the point of sale.
- Achieving an increase in concentration of attention – due to visual contact of the consumer with the product. Compared to the reaction to external advertising media, this type of information presentation wins several times over.
- No annoying elements – all information about services or products is presented in an easy, accessible and entertaining form. There are no long lists, no large text material that requires thought.
- Wide coverage of potential audience – the posted thematic information selectively affects a certain circle of the population. The level of interest in advertised products is higher than the impact of the same type of advertising posted on the street.
Potential buyers can approach the product of interest to the maximum possible distance.
Internal advertising structures provide a light emotional state, and a bright and individual design of the layout helps to unobtrusively tune the target audience to the desired wave.
The cost of indoor advertising includes the size and type of construction, technologies and materials used for the production. The price is influenced by the duration of the intended advertising campaign, it can last from one to twelve months. If the entrepreneur decides to conclude an annual contract, then the settlement with the company takes place every three months. Individual firms specializing exclusively in promotions can work for regular customers on credit.
In addition to individual structures and surfaces, the company can order a comprehensive advertising design for the entire premises. The package of services includes:
- development of a concept for external and internal design;
- project plan of technical documentation;
- if necessary, preparation of documents permitting external advertising structures;
- preparation of the original layout;
- production of advertising products for the interior decoration of the premises, if the customer wishes, external structures are additionally produced;
- assembly with industrial mountaineering services;
- subsequent maintenance of advertising structures during the warranty and post-warranty periods;
- ensuring constant movement of the image on the advertising field, etc.
You can also order flyers, postcards, business cards, mugs, bags with the company logo and others.
Advantages and disadvantages
On the positive side of internal advertising, marketers include:
- Purchase opportunity – if a person is interested in the advertised service or product, then he can purchase them at the same outlet. Convenience is widely appreciated by buyers: they do not need to spend time on the road, looking for a specific store or office.
- Loyalty from the law and inexpensive cost – in the current legislation there are practically no restrictions on internal advertising, if it does not contain calls for riots, etc. The cost for objects inside the premises is much cheaper than street signs and banners.
- Direct influence on the buyer – before placing the internal media in the premises, a preliminary determination of the number of people visiting it is necessary. The correct selection of options allows you to guarantee the flow of the target audience interested in the product.
- Inaccessibility of advertising of competing companies – billboards, pillars, advertising banners and signs are considered to be effective promotion tools, but they are located in close proximity to similar information materials. When placing advertisements inside a retail outlet, the customer can be sure that potential consumers will not be distracted by other factors, they will spend a sufficient amount of time studying the offered products.
- Full-fledged acquaintance – outdoor type of advertising forces the target audience to get acquainted with the offer from afar. Even near the information located on a small pillar, only a few linger. In a closed room, the clientele can approach the minimum distance (which is important for people with poor eyesight), carefully study the ad, read the poster or get acquainted with the material on any information surface without interference and fuss.
- Attracting mass interest – the simultaneous placement of advertising in several independent premises makes it possible to reach a large number of potential customers.
The negative aspects of internal advertising professionals include:
- locality of action – it is not visible to people outside the premises;
- the possibility of vandalism – if the products are placed in waiting areas, elevators, on staircases, then there is a possibility of its destruction or damage by hooligans.
Many people mistakenly believe that internal advertising does not provide a high level of competition for the end consumer. Advertisers disagree with this opinion and argue that well-designed interior information is well targeted to a specific subset of buyers:
- if the target audience is constantly engaged in a fitness center, then it will be interested in goods and services related to health: specialized nutrition, sportswear, vitamin supplements, etc.;
- store visitors look at offers on goods that can be purchased in the mall: at a reduced price or in the “two for the price of one” system;
- the clientele of a medical institution would like to see the cost of doctors’ services, pharmacy discounts, inexpensive examinations, etc.
Before ordering one of the forms of internal advertising, you need to inquire about reviews of the company offering products. High demands are placed on their products, both in terms of the quality of materials and the development of a layout. It is better to conclude contracts with professional advertising agencies: they will be able to develop not only an effective design, but also provide a comprehensive design solution for the entire retail space.
Are internal advertising effective? How do you think? Write your opinion in the comments, do not forget to rate the article!